Evolution Studios is a 1000 sq foot Recording, Tracking , Mixing and Production facility based in Central Oxford . At it’s heart a beautifully refurbished and fantastic sounding Trident 80B console . We specialise in live recording as well as voice work. Since opening in 2012 we’ve worked with a diverse range of Bands and Actors Including Frank Turner , TEED, Charlie Cunningham, Ride ,Fixers, Sir Ben Kingsley and Harry Shearer . As the Studio is also fully ISDN equipped were used to working with companies such as the BBC , ITV and 20th Century Fox.
- Live Recording and Mixing
- Voiceover and ADR
- Session Musicians and Voiceover Artists
- Educational Work
- Music for TV and Film - Our sister company Evo Sync will be officially opening later this year.
- A great sounding spacious control room with beautiful views and natural light, featuring three computer screens.
- Live rooms and four separation / vocal booths with oak floors, acoustically controllable with baffles and an Indian sandstone wall.
- 3 ISDN lines with a Mayah Centurai Codec and chase to timecode facilities. Voice Overs and voice to picture.
- Front-end including mic preamps, compressors and FX from Universal Audio, SSL, TL Audio, 1960’s BBC, Lexicon, TC Electronic, etc.
- Great mic locker featuring Neumann, Sennheiser, Rode, Beyer, Shure, etc.
- Powerful 8-core Mac Pro running the latest versions of Pro Tools and Logic with UAD 2 plug-ins amongst others.
- Fantastic selection of backline available including Hammond A100 with Leslie Rotary Speaker, Fender Rhodes 73 Stage Piano, 1979 Stratocaster, Ampeg SVT Classic with 8x10 Cab, plus loads more! Check the Equipment page for full details.
- Large chill out room and kitchenette with 47 inch HD TV and Hi-Fi System.
- Only a few minutes from Oxford Station. Less than an hour travel by train from London.
- Experienced Engineers, Session musicians and Producers in-house.